Belgrade

Belgrade

torsdag 2. september 2010

Excuse me for blogging!

I hope You will forgive me for sharing from my exile in Belgrade the capital of Serbia, former capital of the lost Yugoslavia. This blogg will contain updates on various escapades, political issues and small everyday happenings.

It will probably come in handy to know that the supermarket Maxi in Ceka Ljubina is totally hopeless! I've never been there without some sort of problem or complaints from the staff. Do you think I'm exaggerating? No - I'm not! Either I buy too much (!), have bills they can't don't want to change or they change the price of the thing in the cashier. This last thing happened for the second time today; always with cheese... Which is quite expensive here in Serbia. Odd!

After dining and wining in Guca, Herceg Novi, Sarajevo and Belgrade with Rune (Johansen) it was finally time for some home-cooking. I've found this great fresh-meat shop in Vase Carapidja; Big Bull. Yesterday I got some chicken-filets which my stomach refused to shelter, but today I made a new attempt at some beef. Small sides of what I guess is cured beef (vrat) - needs just some frying and together with fried potatoes and tomatoes it makes a delish! meal. To be enjoyed with a glass of Plantaze Vranac red wine.

After a few chilly days it looks like the weather is getting back to normal. But for keeping your interest I think we'll continue this blogg later. Still not night - but let's just say laku noc in any case!
(Laku noc = Good night!)

1 kommentar: