Belgrade

Belgrade

onsdag 29. september 2010

Eating at Mc Donalds - was it worth it?




I’ve been watching adds for the local version of the Royal at McDonalds and got curious; “in a country with smashing burgers, the  pljeskavica - do they also serve decent burgers at McDonalds?"




You will find one of their “restaurants” on Slavija-square in an old and beautiful building. The interior is totally renovated. It is clean and kind of stylish, but I sense that the house is whispering in pain: "what do this steel and modern interior do inside of me? I'm old and I deserve to be treated like that. Respect me!" 



This box look promising enough: "I'm lovin' it. Ich liebe es." and the last one "Ana uhibbihu" in Arabic.




I got this meal  “Royal Trpeza” with "Royal Domacinski"-burger. It was off course smaller than it looks like in the adds. Or is it just the 250 gram pljeskavica which has set a new standard for how big a burger should be? The pommes frites was ok, although not especially crispy. How was the burger? Well folks, it was slightly more juicy than a cardboard and didn’t taste much at all. Almost as horrible as the last burger I had at this chain in my hometown Trondheim in the early nineties.



See for yourself if this burger tempts you. If you got your marbles pretty kept I think you would avoid eating at that place. And this before considering the moral of both their breeding of kettle and their industry-policies. At Slavija they have done a crime to Serbian cultural heritage using that nice piece of architecture to serve burgers which are insults to the Serbian cuisine.


Hvala - thank you - for confirming that I was right not eating you burgers for more than 15 years



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar