Belgrade

Belgrade

lørdag 18. september 2010

Bat-attack!


Last night I was recovering from the party after Rakija’s excellent concert at Akademija 28. Ordering pizza and just chilling in front of my computer. I was getting tired, but didn’t feel for going to bed. And then I see an insect flapping by. “Wow!” I thought, “That was big”. Looking up –and I tell you – it was not an insect; it was a freaking bat! Flapping around in my living-room! Uninvited!

I thought it doesn’t belong here and would probably be better off outside. I forgot about the reason it came in the first place. Bat’s like light – or so I’ve been told. I opened my window and tried to shush him out. I am quite convinced it was a he... Just after opening the window another bat arrived. Now there was two bats flying in circles in my living-room. I found it wise to leave and shut the door behind me. Computer and television was left on, and I forgot my cell-phone. When I wanted to go back in the room I was pretty scared because the bat’s attacked the door while I was trying to open it.

I forgot about that idea.  And you know what? While I was writing this some 2 hours ago the bat’s started circulating again. They had been hiding where I couldn’t find them. I got out of the room, but not so scared this time. Tried to go back and chase them out of the window, but they kept on flying. I got a friend over and we tried to catch them to throw them out – but no – and voila! enter the third bat!

The landlord’s son Tony came to the rescue. Tony is a big chap with stoic calm. He knew the right tactic; use pillows as baseball-bat’s to bat the bats out. Then he picked them up and threw them out of the window.

I must admit that I am still a bit shaky. Hopefully the bat-affair has come to an end, but I am anyhow waiting for a new one just stuka-diving down my neck

1 kommentar: